Happy Thursday, guys! It's my 22nd today (I know I'm not, but I feel super old and I'm a little bummed by it) and Jackson has some kind of surprise planned for today, so I have no idea what we're doing! I thought for today I'd share 22 things I've learned in 22 years!
1. Take pictures of everything. I started carrying around a camera this semester for one of my classes and it's been super cool to have. It's also made me such a better photographer since I can learn from the mistakes I've made.
2. You'll never get along with everyone. There's always going to be someone that's mean, and you just have to understand that it probably has nothing to do with you! Just brush them off and move on.
3. You can never watch Friends too many times. I've literally watched the whole show about ten times, I just keep it on in the background while I work!
4. Stop thinking about the future and focus on the present. Since I'm graduating in May, I really can't wait to be done with school, but I'm trying to enjoy the present because I know I'm going to miss college!
5. Don't respond when you're mad. You'll say something you'll regret. Whether it's a text, email, or even in person, just cool off and respond with a clear head.
6. Don't regularly tan in tanning beds. I tried it for 6 months and being that tan was incredible. But I ended up having a skin-cancer scare and cancelled my membership. I use self tanners at home now!
7. Don't give in to FOMO. If you want to stay in on a Saturday night, then do it! Your head and wallet will thank you the next day.
8. Dogs are the best, but they're also a lot of work. If you can commit to it, then get a dog (they're way better than cats) because they'll give you endless love and attention!
9. Boyfriends are the best, but don't forget about your friends. When Jackson and I started dating, we wanted to be together all the time, and I started to distance myself from my friends a bit! But you have to step back and realize that you need both in your life.
10. If you have time to explore a new place, then do it! You won't always have that time. Between work and school, Jackson and I stay pretty busy, but we still always try to find time to go someplace new.
11. Make your bed in the morning. Your day instantly gets so much better.
12. Spend 15 minutes every night cleaning your place. It feels so good having a clean house when you wake up!
13. Use a planner. Everything falls apart when I don't!
14. Go to sleep and wake up early. I'm usually in bed by nine and asleep by 11 (I like reading or watching a couple episodes of Friends). It helps your day so much to wake up early!
15. Drink water when you go to a restaurant. You save money, soda is gross, and it's so much healthier!
16. Learn your drinking limit and don't surpass it. No one likes a sloppy drunk, least of all you when you wake up with a massive hangover in the morning.
17. You don't have to have a specific style. I used to think that I had to be super preppy or boho or hipster-y. The truth is, you should wear whatever you want! Everyone has a unique style and that's awesome.
18. When someone triumphs over you, use them as fuel to be better. I'm always really inspired by others hard work. Don't be bitter, just get better!
19. Turn the technology off. At lunch? Have everyone put their phones face-down on the table. First one to pick theirs up has to pay for the food, or do something else of the rest of the table's choosing. I've totally lost this with my roomies before so I had to do the dishes for a week!
20. Go through your apartment/house twice a year. We accumulate so much crap we don't use, and it feels so good to get rid of the extra stuff!
21. If your wanting to try something new, start slow. Want to start working out? Only go 3 days for the first couple weeks, and worn up. Want to start a blog? Only release a post once a week. You'll burn out super quickly otherwise!
22. Forgive yourself and learn from your mistakes. 75% of my anxiety comes from stuff I have no control over! Make sure to accept your failures and learn from them!
My name's Vikka. I'm a Nashville fashion and lifestyle blogger. I post a lot of fashion, recipes, and home tips and tricks!
Let's Stay In Touch!
Currently listening to: