Happy Tuesday, fam! I was scrolling through Instagram the other day (as I always do) and I started thinking about how much time I spend every day looking at screens. I wake up in the morning and get on my phone. I then go into the living room and pop on the tv to watch while I eat breakfast. I then get BACK on my phone to check social media one more time before I go to work. As soon as I get off work, I check my phone again. This goes on and on until I fall asleep! I hate how much time I've been spending staring at electronic screens recently, so I came up with a list of things I could be doing, and I've started to try to spend less time looking at my phone and more time doing these:
1. Tidy up. My place is, somehow, always a disaster.
2. Read the book I've been working on for five months. I'm only like 100 pages in.
3. Get work done. For me, this does involve getting on my computer to type, but I feel creative while doing it so I try to not think of it as wasted time.
4. Work out. I need to do this more anyways. I paid for my gym membership for this summer for a reason.
5. Go hiking. I live in Chattanooga for crying out loud!
6. Journal. I always tell myself I'm going to start journaling more and then I totally fall out of it. Maybe this could be my way to actually get into the habit of doing it?
7. Do yoga. I bought a yoga matt last year and have used it less than 20 times. And I think yoga is awesome. So I need to start doing it more.
8. Play with my dogs. Half the time, they're at work with Jackson, but the other half the time, we all lay around like a bunch of the laziest creatures out there.
9. Eno. I freaking love my Eno but probably use it five times a year. I definitely need to use it more often. This is possibly where me reading that book could come into play. (PS I'm reading Big Magic if anyone is interested. I also just finished Milk and Honey and it kind of changed my life. 11/10 would recommend.
Have a great Tuesday, everyone!
My name's Vikka. I'm a Nashville fashion and lifestyle blogger. I post a lot of fashion, recipes, and home tips and tricks!
Let's Stay In Touch!
Currently listening to: